Stir fry recipes are perfect for a quick weeknight meal. This recipe may not seem like a quick cook, but once you have the seasoning made, the whole thing comes together really fast! Makes: 4
Step ONE Slice the chicken on an angle into flat wide pieces. Place it in a bowl with the juice of 2 limes and 3 tbsp of Cuban Stirfry Seasoning, DELICIOUSDISH. Let it marinate while you get the rest of the recipe together.
In a large fry pan, I like cast iron, heat 2 tbsp of the oil over medium heat. Add the sliced onion and garlic, cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the snow peas, cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Remove this mixture to a serving dish.
Step THREE Add the last bit of oil and the chicken and all its marinade into the pan and the 1 tbsp of Cuban Stirfry Seasoning, DELICIOUSDISH. Separate the chicken pieces and stir fry for about 4-5 minutes or until mostly cooked.
Step FOUR Add the 3/4 cup water, turn the heat to high and let the water boil and thicken. It will take about 5 minutes. Add the veggies back to the pan, the spinach and the black beans. Let the spinach wilt while stirring.
Step FIVE Once the sauce has thickened, empty the pot on top of the rice noodles.
Step SIX Serve with any of the toppings tossed through!
FOR THE MARINADE:
• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
• 1 tbsp grapeseed oil,
• Juice of 2 limes
• 3 tbsp Cuban Stirfry Seasoning, DELICIOUSDISH
FOR THE STIR FRY:
• 1 tbsp Cuban Stirfry Seasoning, DELICIOUSDISH
• 3 tbsp grapeseed or avocado oil, divided
• 1 cooking onion, sliced in half moons
• 3 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped a little
• 2 large handfuls of snow peas, trimmed
• 3/4 cup water
• 2-3 handfuls baby spinach
• 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed, optional
• 1 package of Rice Noodles, I like King Soba Brand, cooked
FOR THE TOPPING:
• 6 green onions, sliced in half moons
• 1 mango, peeled and diced
• Handful of cilantro leaves, chopped
• Juice of 1-2 limes
• 1 long red chili pepper, minced
CAROLYN COHEN BA, BScOT Founder/Chef/Recipe Developer DELICIOUSDISH Cooking School specializes in Whole Food Home Cooking, Meal Planning, Recipe Developing and Healthy Eating. #CookAtHome D: 416.200.3522 E: email@example.com DeliciousDish.ca