The simplicity of this recipe makes it perfect for a weeknight quick dinner but the presentation is perfect for entertaining!
Maple Shellacked Cedar Plank Arctic Char
- For the Maple Shellac
- 3 packed Tbs. of dark brown sugar
- 2 Tbs. low sodium tamari
- 2 Tbs. mirin
- 1 Tbs. whole grain mustard
- 1 Tbs. sherry vinegar
- 1 Tbs. water
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
About 1 ½ ponds of Arctic Char, one or 2 fillets, depending on the size of the fillet or 4 6-oz salmon fillets (best if you can leave the fish at room temp for 30-45 minutes). 1-2 cedar planks, soaked.
- Soak the cedar plank for at lest 2-3 hrs, overnight preferably
- Mix all the Shellac ingredients in a small pot, bring to a boil, and cook for 1 minute or so, stirring the whole time, it will thicken. Remove from heat. Let cool. This step can be done well in advance, even the day before.
- Heat the grill to medium high heat
- Place the fish on the plank, pour the Maple Shellac over the fish, place the plank/fish on the grill. Turn the heat to medium low and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve on the plank