This is a great breakfast, lunch or snack. This time of year, with tomatoes and herbs in such abundance, use your imagination with the variety of tomatoes out there and the herbs. I used thyme from my garden, but use what you have!
Open Faced Avocado + Tomato Sandwich
- 4 slices sourdough (or other crusty) bread
- 500g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp basil, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut and have bread ready for toasting.
- Heat a skillet to medium and add the tomatoes. Add oil about 2 – 3 minutes after the have softened a bit. Then sauté for about 2 – 3 more minutes until soft.
- Pop down bread into toaster.
- Add garlic to pan and just heat until cooked (roughly 1 minute), then add salt and pepper to taste.
- When bread is toasted, lay the sliced avocado, then heap the tomatoes, garlic mixture on top. Sprinkle with the herbs and enjoy!